"The remembering makes it now. And sometimes remembering will lead to a story, which makes it forever. That's what stories are for. Stories are for joining the past to the future. Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember except the story." -Tim O'Brien

02 September 2011

American Trails

Since Coming 'Home' to the United States on July 26th, I have been on the road a great deal and have lacked the time to compose a complete blog entry. I apologize and hope that these photos of the past five weeks might provide you with an overview of my U.S. adventures!

From July 28th to August 18th, I attended Young Adult Missionary (affectionately known as YAMs) training in Stony Point, NY. Three of my favorite photos from the three weeks:

The YAMs with our prayer blankets:
An average afternoon at work:

And a photo with the General Secretary of Global Ministries towards the end of our training:
On August 18th, I was commissioned as a Mission Intern of the United Methodist Church in New York City. I was then able to spend a few days hanging out with my parents, Liz, Dan, and William in the city:
After a few more days back in Washington, DC to visit my college and church friends, I celebrated one final reunion at Sing a New Song, a conference of the United Methodist Reconciling Ministries Network and the Methodist Federation for Social Action, in Huron, Ohio. There, in addition to seeing many of my Dumbarton church family and its diaspora, I was able to spend time with my friends Elise, Alissa, and Rachel from American University - it was great to see them!
And now, my bags are packed; tomorrow morning I depart for Berlin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment