"The remembering makes it now. And sometimes remembering will lead to a story, which makes it forever. That's what stories are for. Stories are for joining the past to the future. Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember except the story." -Tim O'Brien

27 July 2011

The Beginnings

This blog is not intended to serve as a travel blog, nor as a ‚missionary’ blog, nor as a photo blog. It instead intended as a venue for story telling, for sharing, for reflecting, and for (re)connecting. It is my intent to regularly post reflections and stories – whether about my missionary work, about my daily encounters, my musings and dreams, or about current events; whether in the form of photos, essays, poems, news articles, or quotes, these posts are meant both to help me reflect on my encounters as well as for you to reflect on similar encounters in your own lives. Sometimes posts may be controversial. But I aim in no way to provoke anger, hate, or hurt.


Instead, I hope that this blog might help us each to grow together towards a better understanding of the world in which we live. Rather than grow apart, may we grow together, each at our own pace and in our own ways, and in doing so remain close in love, understanding and reconciliation.

No comments:

Post a Comment